The Addictions & Dependency (A&D) Committee has compiled these resources for people seeking help with addiction:
Chattanooga-Hamilton County Local Recovery Resource Guide (Printable)
This is a compilation of local treatment and support organizations that can help you begin your recovery journey.
Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- This web page has resources for both those seeking help and service providers.
- Information about Naloxone (or NarcanTM), an opioid antagonist that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- This website is one of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It is a comprehensive resource good for parents, teachers, counselors, service providers, and those seeking help. En Español.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism
- Another NIH branch focused on alcoholism. En Español.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- This site is written in lay terms and covers many aspects of recovery and abuse. Good for those who think they may have a problem, parents, schools, and faith-based groups.
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
Back to RHC Committee & Priority Area List