The Addictions & Dependency (A&D) Committee has compiled these resources for people seeking help to find more information:
Chattanooga-Hamilton County Local Recovery Resource Guide (Printable)
This is a compilation of local treatment and support organizations that can help you begin your recovery journey.
National Recovery Month - Local Celebration sponsored in part by the Regional Health Council Addictions & Dependency Committee (click for details)
Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- This webpage has resources for both those seeking help and service providers.
- Information about Naloxone (or NarcanTM), an opioid antagonist that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism
- This website is one of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It is a comprehensive resource good for parents, teachers, counselors, service providers, and those seeking help. En Español.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Another NIH branch focused on alcoholism. En Español.
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- This site is written in lay terms and covers many aspects of recovery and abuse. Good for parents, schools, faith-based groups, and those who think they may have a problem.
Back to RHC Sub-Committee List