What Is It?
- Smoking cessation program for pregnant women.
- Program includes 4 prenatal and 12 postpartum visits with counseling to
support quitting and staying quit.
- During each visit, participants complete a carbon monoxide (CO) test.
What Do I Get?
- Participants are eligible for $25 vouchers, redeemable at Walmart for
purchase of diapers and/or baby wipes, if smoke free.
- Vouchers start during prenatal visit 3 and 4 and continue once a month for
12 months, for a total of 14 vouchers. Participants must be smoke free to
- Support partners are also eligible for a $25 voucher if smoke free.
- A support partner is optional and can be anyone living with the mother
during the program.
- A support partner must enroll by prenatal session 3 and agree to be smoke
- During each visit support partners complete a carbon monoxide (CO) test.
- Support partners must be smoke free to receive vouchers.
- Vouchers for support partners are postpartum, once a month for a total of
- Any pregnant, smoking woman (36 weeks or less) who is a daily smoker or
quit within 3 months of becoming pregnant.
- Must be able to complete 4 prenatal sessions prior to birth -- ideally enroll
as early in pregnancy as possible.
- Must be a Hamilton county resident.
How Do I Get in the Program?
- REFERRAL FORM
- OR call 423-260-1818
Additional Resource Links
·Tennessee Tobacco Quit Line: www.tnquitline.org
· Smokefree.gov : https://smokefree.gov/tools-tips/get-extra-help/free-resources
· Breastfeeding Welcomed Here https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/fhw/bf/breastfeeding-welcomed-here.html
· Tennessee Breastfeeding Hotline: 855-4BFMOMS or 855-423-6667.
· KidcentralTN: https://www.kidcentraltn.com/
· National Postpartum Depression Warmline: 1-800-PPD-MOMS.
· Postpartum Support International- www.postpartum.net/ and 1-800-944-4773
Chattanooga Hamilton County Health Department
921 E 3rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37403