The Nicotine Prevention and Education Program (NPEP) is working, in collaboration with the Tennessee Department of Health and many other community organizational partners, toward making Hamilton County tobacco and nicotine-free! The NPEP exists to:
· Increase access to quitting services in Hamilton County.
· Prevent initial use of tobacco and nicotine products in youth and young adults.
· Identify and eliminate tobacco-related health disparities.
· Protect Hamilton County residents from the harmful effects of second and third-hand smoke and vape emissions.
· Decrease the culture of social acceptability of tobacco and nicotine products in public spaces.
· Work with community partners to create or strengthen smoke-free policies.