The Southeast/Hamilton Regional Healthcare Coalition’s mission is to support the development of a cooperative partnership of healthcare agencies, providers, and community partners working together to plan, mitigate, and coordinate a unified response to natural and man-made medical and health disasters and emergencies affecting the region.
The region served by the Southeast/Hamilton Regional Healthcare Coalition (also referred to as SHRHCC) is aligned with the Tennessee Department of Health Emergency Medical Services-Region 3. The geographical area covers 4,457 square miles, and has a population of 699,654 which represents 11% of the state’s population. The region encompasses eleven (11) counties: Bledsoe, Bradley, Franklin, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, Meigs, McMinn, Polk, Rhea, and Sequatchie.
Examples of how the SHRHCC promotes the emergency preparedness and response capabilities of the healthcare stakeholders include the following:
- Building relations and partnerships by providing a forum for the healthcare community to interact with one another and with other response agencies at a county, regional, and state level for promoting emergency preparedness
- Improving healthcare response capabilities through coordinated and evaluated exercises in compliance with the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program
- Assisting emergency management under Emergency Support Function (ESF) #8 with preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation activities related to healthcare organization disaster operations
The SHRHCC is open to all organizations and individuals that provide or support healthcare services in Tennessee’s Emergency Medical Services Region 3. These organizations and healthcare stakeholders (e.g. healthcare agencies, providers and community partners) must agree to work collaboratively on healthcare emergency preparedness and response deliverable as identified in the 2012 National Guidance for Healthcare System Preparedness.
Membership is organized into the following categories:
- Essential Partner Membership
- Subject Matter Experts
- Executive Committee
- Coalition Advisers (Regional Hospital Coordinators)
- Committees and Workgroups